User Experience/User Interface Designer
riskthinking.AI is a visionary risk management company. Led by Dr. Ron Dembo, former founder and CEO of Algorithmics Inc., it produces the only financial risk ratings that truly account for the full uncertainty of climate stress. Unlike climate risk companies that attempt to predict the future, riskthinking.AI uses sophisticated probability models, augmented by AI and structured expert judgment, in a completely ‘bottom-up’ approach to create future estimates of the financial impact of climate change. Their approach can be used to measure and manage financial risks across any asset type, class, or sector, anywhere in the world, and across any future time horizon.
We are looking for an experienced UX/UI designer who is passionate about building climate analytics products for large financial institutions. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
As a UX/UI Designer at riskthinking.AI you will:
- Be a core member of the Product Management Team, responsible for representing and conducting user experience design
- Engages in the full development lifecycle-from initial research and conceptualization through evaluation and delivery – applying best-practice user-centered design and usability engineering techniques to develop breakthrough designs for riskthinking.AI climate analytics platform
- Work with the data science and software architecture teams, as well as with our design partners, to conceptualize, design and prototype breakthrough designs
- Communicate and collaborates with management, marketing, engineering, and design partners to ensure designs are fulfilled in products
- Work closely with software project teams applying best-practice user-centered design and usability engineering techniques to new and existing products
- Work to understand how customers use the product, and then use that knowledge to drive improvements in the product with oversight by senior designers, develop and maintain mockups, wireframes, scenarios, prototypes, navigation maps and other design artifacts
- With oversight by our Chief Product and Chief Technology Officer, define innovative user interfaces and interaction styles which result in improved user productivity and deliver business value
- Improve, standardize, and institutionalize the user-centered creativity and design methodology
- Understand and stays current with trends and best practices in the user experience / usability and automation design domains
- With oversight by our Chief Product and Chief Technology Officer, translate business and marketing goals into the best software solutions for our business
- Help develop, evolve, and maintain UI standards and guidelines
- Evaluate and recommends new tools and methods to support the work of the User Experience Design Team
- Clearly communicate and convey design concepts, presentations and written deliverables, both verbally and written
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction/user experience design, human factors, cognitive or behavioral science, visual communication design, or related discipline (or equivalent demonstrated experience and expertise)
- Fluency using collaborative design and prototyping tools like Balsamic, Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma or Invision Studio
- Experience designing for a B2B SaaS platform
- Ability to created low- and high-fidelity designs for software products that wow clients and the team
- Knowledge of Jira and other common tools used by developers and product managers to communicate requirements
- Knowledge of current web accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.1) and how they apply to design
Have a portfolio of work /samples of interaction design work
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Thrive in a cooperative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pride yourself on attention to detail
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and within a team environment
- Willing to be flexible with job duties
- Collaborative, curious, trustworthy, and have a good sense of humour.
Working at riskthinking.AI
Our team is composed of developers and data scientists with a wide range of experience in finance, climate, ecology, and machine learning. You’ll be working in a highly innovative and fast paced team building solutions that’ll be used by the world’s leading financial institutions. You’ll gain exposure to working with big data and cutting edge cloud-native technologies in a fast-paced startup environment. Your contributions will be substantial in shaping the foundation of our early product development by working collaboratively with our ambitious team.
- Due to the nature of this role and our maturity as a company, all applicants must have permanent work authorization prior to applying. We are not able to sponsor or transfer employment visas (e.g. H-1B).
- Must have the ability to work remotely
Our Commitment To Diversity, Equity And Inclusion
We evaluate all candidates on the basis of their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply .
How To Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]