Front-End Software Developer
We are developing the world’s most comprehensive platform for delivering extreme climate risk data and analysis. Aligned to our standard, our data exchange indexes and provides billions of data points related to climate, geophysical, and socioeconomic risk. This data exchange powers large scale visualization, delivery into our analytics engines for financial stress testing and report generation, and acts as a data provider directly into partner integrations. Clients will depend on our platform for deriving auditable insights and quantifying uncertainty through advanced stress testing and reporting features.
As a Front-end Software Developer you’ll be working closely with data scientists, stakeholders, and product teams to develop our cutting edge ClimateWisdom platform. You’ll be shaping the design and functionality for our data visualization and interactive charts, developing new data-driven and dynamic workflows, integrating new functionality from our back-end systems, and having a meaningful impact in the direction of platform development.
- Design and develop the user interface for our ClimateWisdom product stack (Data Exchange, Stress Testing)
- Enhance our Data Exchange visualization technology
- Build new workflows for clients to efficiently use our platform
- Collaborate with our team to develop and optimize for a consistent user experience
- Implement new API functionality from our data science and back-end teams
- HIgh level of proficiency in React, Node.js, Typescript
- Strong understanding of state management concepts using Redux
- Experience with data visualization and developing interactive charts
- Experience with geospatial visualization
- Fluent with Git and Github, continuous integration, front-end testing methodologies
Candidates with any of the following would stand out:
- Knowledge of working in Dockerized/Kubernetes environments
- Previous experience with D3.js or WebGL
- Previous experience using design tools such as Figma
Working at Riskthinking.AI
Our team is composed of developers and data scientists with a wide range of experience in finance, climate, ecology, and machine learning. You’ll be working in a highly innovative and fast paced team building solutions that’ll be used by the world’s leading financial institutions. You’ll gain exposure to working with big data and cutting edge cloud-native technologies in a fast paced startup environment. Your contributions will be substantial in shaping the foundation of our early product development by working collaboratively with our ambitious team.
- Due to the nature of this role and our maturity as a company, all applicants must have permanent work authorization prior to applying. We are not able to sponsor or transfer employment visas (e.g. H-1B).
- Must have the ability to work remotely
- We are open to part-time or full-time work arrangements, permanent or on a contract basis.
- Pay Is commensurate with education and experience.
Our Commitment To Diversity, Equity And Inclusion
We evaluate all candidates on the basis of their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply .
How To Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]