Financial Risk Modeler
riskthinking.AI is a visionary data analytics provider for assessing climate-based financial risk. Designed for global financial institutions, assessment firms, and custodial banks, riskthinking.AI provides the most comprehensive climate risk analysis currently available, based on hard science and mathematics. Anchored by founder Dr. Ron Dembo’s 40-year experience in algorithmic modeling, riskthinking.ai applies sophisticated stochastic models to comprehensive climate data to help financial institutions apply climate risk ratings to investment assets, instruments and portfolios for clients to make informed investment decisions about the future.
We are looking for an experienced financial risk modeler who is passionate about applying their quantitative, modeling and analytical skills in a real world environment to develop or validate statistical, financial engineering, and AI/machine learning models in the areas of climate-related financial risk. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
As a Financial Risk Modeler at riskthinking.AI you will:
- Assist our team in providing valuation and modeling expertise related to derivatives and other complex financial instruments (e.g. property, securities, portfolios, credit, and sovereign risk)
- Conduct theoretical and empirical research using public and proprietary data in all areas of risk management, including mortgage products and securities, borrower behavior, investment and hedging strategies, residential property valuation, macroeconomic models including housing prices and interest rates, financial valuation of finance assets and derivatives, economic capital, and stress testing
- Work on projects related to quantitative modeling, model review, and financial instrument risk assessment
- Provide a range of qualitative and quantitative consulting services in the areas of financial modeling, model validation and model risk management
- Serve as a team member for climate-related financial risk modeling projects and quantitative consulting engagements, work on assigned project responsibilities and meet project requirements, maintain effective communications with clients and team to ensure client satisfaction, serve as a member on engagement where responsibilities include detailed execution of modeling projects and documentation of modeling methodologies and results
- Must feel comfortable providing technical assistance and financial modeling expertise to non-technical clients and internal teams
Minimum 5 years of experience
- Demonstrated abilities and/or a proven record of success in the implementation of Advanced Data Analytics and modeling
- Experienced with at least one of the following tools: Python or R
- Displaying understanding of advance statistical/econometric modeling techniques, and financial engineering methods to develop and/or validate models
- Displaying understanding of advanced AI/machine learning techniques
- Experience handling large datasets, time series and panel data econometrics, solid understanding of economic models
- Demonstrating knowledge of the financial services industry
- Demonstrating exposure to modeling methodologies in at least one of the following areas: credit risk, market risk, assets and liabilities management, and other functional modeling and analytics areas
Thrive in a cooperative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pride yourself on attention to detail
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and within a team environment
- Willing to be flexible with job duties
- Collaborative, curious, trustworthy, and have a good sense of humour.
Working at riskthinking.AI
Our team is composed of developers and data scientists with a wide range of experience in finance, climate, ecology, and machine learning. You’ll be working in a highly innovative and fast paced team building solutions that’ll be used by the world’s leading financial institutions. You’ll gain exposure to working with big data and cutting edge cloud-native technologies in a fast paced startup environment. Your contributions will be substantial in shaping the foundation of our early product development by working collaboratively with our ambitious team.
- Due to the nature of this role and our maturity as a company, all applicants must have permanent work authorization prior to applying. We are not able to sponsor or transfer employment visas (e.g. H-1B).
- Must have the ability to work remotely
Our Commitment To Diversity, Equity And Inclusion
We evaluate all candidates on the basis of their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply .
How To Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]