Data Visualization Engineer
riskthinking.AI is a visionary risk management company. Led by Dr. Ron Dembo, former founder and CEO of Algorithmics Inc., it produces the only financial risk ratings that truly account for the full uncertainty of climate stress. Unlike climate risk companies that attempt to predict the future, riskthinking.AI uses sophisticated probability models, augmented by AI and structured expert judgment, in a completely ‘bottom-up’ approach to create future estimates of the financial impact of climate change. Their approach can be used to measure and manage financial risks across any asset type, class, or sector, anywhere in the world, and across any future time horizon.
We are looking for a data visualization engineer with a proven track record in design and development of enterprise data visualization solutions. You have a keen eye to understand the business needs and deliver innovative and intuitive visual analytics solutions. You tell stories with data, bridging the gap using user-centered design and cutting-edge technologies, you aspire to make data-driven design decisions, and above all, you want to be involved in using data to create beautiful stories that matter. You thrive in a collaborative environment and bring your own perspectives on Data Visualization.
As a Data Visualization Engineer at riskthinking.AI you will:
- Participate in the visualization strategy and execute to improve products, infrastructure and processes.
- Design end-to-end Visual Analytics solutions to meet business needs
- Work in close collaboration with the Product Managers, Data Analysts, Data Engineers, System Administrators to ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop reports/dashboards displaying strategic, operational, and tactical level views of various metrics
- Document standard operating procedures for repeatable tasks and contribute to automation efforts
- Prepare and maintain training material and SOPs, knowledge base articles, and technical documentation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in a Data Visualization role and evidence of successful delivery of interactive visualizations
- Power BI and Tableau Architecture and Development
- Migration experience from one BI platform to another (for ex: Qlik to Power BI)
- Experience in Agile development processes and DevOps methodology / principals
- BONUS; experience with WebGL, DeckGL, Mapbox GL
- Thrive in a cooperative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pride yourself on attention to detail
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and within a team environment
- Willing to be flexible with job duties
- Collaborative, curious, trustworthy, and have a good sense of humour.
Working at riskthinking.AI
Our team is composed of developers and data scientists with a wide range of experience in finance, climate, ecology, and machine learning. You’ll be working in a highly innovative and fast paced team building solutions that’ll be used by the world’s leading financial institutions. You’ll gain exposure to working with big data and cutting edge cloud-native technologies in a fast-paced startup environment. Your contributions will be substantial in shaping the foundation of our early product development by working collaboratively with our ambitious team.
- Due to the nature of this role and our maturity as a company, all applicants must have permanent work authorization prior to applying. We are not able to sponsor or transfer employment visas (e.g. H-1B).
- Must have the ability to work remotely
Our Commitment To Diversity, Equity And Inclusion
We evaluate all candidates on the basis of their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply .
How To Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]