We are developing the world’s most comprehensive platform for delivering extreme climate risk data and analysis. Aligned to our standard, our data exchange indexes and provides billions of data points related to climate, geophysical, and socioeconomic risk. This data exchange powers large scale visualization, delivery into our analytics engines for financial stress testing and report generation, and acts as a data provider directly into partner integrations. Clients will depend on our platform for deriving auditable insights and quantifying uncertainty through advanced stress testing and reporting features.
Riskthinking.ai helps business leaders and policy-makers understand risk under extreme uncertainty by providing them with forward-looking, algorithmically generated scenarios that are refined through structured expert judgment processes. We have a global client base, and an elite advisory and executive team, driving radical climate action through disclosure of climate-related financial risk.
You will work as part of the Data Science Team at Riskthinking.AI and will be instrumental in improving the quality and availability of the data used in our scenario products. This includes compiling, interpreting, evaluating, and presenting data in innovative ways, and contributing to the improvement and augmentation of the data using machine learning approaches. We are building high-quality tools and vibrant communities of experts to support decision-makers to develop plans and policies that account for and minimize the risks that they face due to climate change. We want you to help us make that vision a reality!
- Strong organisational and documentation skills (i.e. Git)
- High-level proficiency in Python, R, or Julia
- High-level proficiency with geospatial libraries
- Competencies in Spark, Dask and/or Rapids is highly valued
- Knowledge of data pipelines and data version control is highly valued
- Thrive in a cooperative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Have strong quantitative and qualitative and problem-solving skill
- Pride yourself on attention to detail
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and within a team environment
- Willing to be flexible with job duties
- Collaborative, curious, trustworthy, and have a good sense of humour.
We recognize there are many paths to success in Data Science, but we suspect the strongest candidates will have experience in at least one of the following categories:
- Bachelor degree program in a Computer Science, Data Science, Earth Science with an interest in Climate and or Economics
- Due to the nature of this role and our maturity as a company, all applicants must have permanent work authorization prior to applying. We are not able to sponsor or transfer employment visas (e.g. H-1B).
- Must have the ability to work remotely
We evaluate all candidates on the basis of their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] and we will be in contact.