Backend Software Developer
We’re developing the world’s most comprehensive platform for delivering extreme climate risk data and analysis. Aligned to our standard, our data exchange indexes and provides billions of data points related to climate, geophysical, and socioeconomic risk. This data exchange powers large scale visualization, delivery into our analytics engines for financial stress testing and report generation, and acts as a data provider directly to our clients and partners. Clients will depend on our platform for deriving auditable insights and quantifying uncertainty.
As a Backend Software Developer you’ll be working on Riskthinking’s core platform, a distributed system using a microservice architecture responsible for managing our big data, producing visualizations, automating analysis, and acting as a data provider. Our technology stack uses Golang, a mix of SQL and NoSQL databases, streaming, GRPC, reactive/event driven architecture, and more. You’ll gain a deep understanding of rich and connected technologies to solve challenging problems involved in the delivery of large datasets to customers.
- Build fast, scalable, fault-tolerant services
- Participate in the planning, architecture, and delivery of core platform features
- Implement new API routes for partner integrations
- Collaborate with data science and frontend developers to connect backend systems
- Integrate various distributed databases (SQL, NoSQL, Cache, Graph)
- Utilize reactive and event driven development practices
- High level of proficiency using Golang
- Strong understanding of connecting distributed systems
- Experience with both RESTful and GRPC API design
- Experience with building highly concurrent applications
- Experience with using both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Fluent with Git and Github, continuous integration, software testing methodologies
Candidates with any of the following would stand out:
- Knowledge of working in Dockerized/Kubernetes environments
- Previous experience with streaming architectures such as Kafka
- Comfort with event-driven and reactive development patterns
- Knowledge of designing against a Cassandra database
Working at Riskthinking.AI
Our team is composed of developers and data scientists with a wide range of experience in finance, climate, ecology, and machine learning. You’ll be working in a highly innovative and fast paced team building solutions that’ll be used by the world’s leading financial institutions. You’ll gain exposure to working with big data and cutting edge cloud-native technologies in a fast paced startup environment. Your contributions will be substantial in shaping the foundation of our early product development by working collaboratively with our ambitious team.
- Due to the nature of this role and our maturity as a company, all applicants must have permanent work authorization prior to applying. We are not able to sponsor or transfer employment visas (e.g. H-1B).
- Must have the ability to work remotely
- We are open to part-time or full-time work arrangements, permanent or on a contract basis.
- Pay Is commensurate with education and experience.
Our Commitment To Diversity, Equity And Inclusion
We evaluate all candidates on the basis of their ability to meet stated job requirements. We do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of sex, gender, marital status, religion, nationality, or other personal characteristics. In keeping with our commitment to supporting a safe and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply .
How To Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]